Saturday, August 6, 2011

What more can I say to my friend who keeps moaning on about her mum?

My cyber friend is in her early 60’s and I’m 40. We met at work and because I left the job and as we live so far away, we keep in touch via email every other day. She has an elderly mum of 84 and since day one of us keeping in touch (which is 4 years now) she keeps complaining about all her mum’s health problems in her emails to me, what she has to do to help her, how she has to listen to her mum sobbing on the phone daily, etc, and she tells me every hospital appt her mum has, the time and date. When I suggest ways of coping, she doesn’t take anything I suggest up. I have even suggested websites she could go to for advice. I end up saying, “I will pray for you, your mum and the whole situation”, as what I suggest she turns down. When I tell her my problems, she most of the time blanks them. She has a husband and I do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment